Sunday, December 12, 2010

2010 Came and went so quickly..

Today is Sunday 12/12/2010 and I can't believe how one year has made a difference. It is 8 am and I decided to write on my blog again. I have learned a great deal this past year. I know that I have many faults... for one. Repentance includes forgiveness and that I love my girls more than anything. It has been busy. Starting college again has been hard and rewarding. At 43 years old, I would have never thought that I would be where I am today. I have felt better than I have in a long time. I feel like I am becoming the person I once was. I have a lot to work on...daily! It is a struggle being single, dating, single parent, student. I only wish the best for everyone. I know that for a few years I felt bitter during my divorce. I am so much happier now. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I hate dating because it should lead to marriage at my age...and that is SCARY. I don't want to make mistakes. When I hear friends talk about maybe getting divorced...I council to really think about it....have they given their all? I know the adversary is real. I know that daily struggles can cease us from moving forward. This is the plan of happiness...we choose what we will be. Some days I feel I don't choose wisely. I am grateful I can have another day to try harder. Grateful for a new year and for being able to try harder. I hope Emma really tries to always be the best she can be. Not judge others and always look for ways to help others. I also hope Becca and Kate and their husbands will do the same. To learn that we all have our faults and to just try our best.

3 comments:

  1. Jody, you are awesome!!!!! I just love your family! Reading this brought a tear to my eye! I know what you have been through.....and all I can say is that you are amazing!!! We will be in Idaho this summer! We are totally getting together and having lunch or dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelley...you have always been one of my heroes! I will never forget coming over to get get names to do at the temple and being so happy to go. You guys helped me through a real trying time with Jill's death. I appreciate you and Don and your goodness. Don was there every month, never failed. I owe a great deal to you and I am happy that you are our eternal friends.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody, I loved reading this post. I love that you are honest with writing your feelings and wants for the new year. I, too, hope that your girls can be the best they can and be loving and kind individuals...in order to do that all they need is to follow their Mom's example. I'm sorry that you had to go through the whole divorce thing. And, yes, the process can make anyone bitter and scared. But you are doing an amazing job and getting back to the you that you want to be. With Emma and school and everything...you are GREAT! So proud of you! We definitely need to get together this summer!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete